|Cart items: 0 Total: $0.00|
Michigan Fishing Report
Shop Hours: Monday through Saturday 8:00 am to 5:30 pm. Sunday 8:00 am to 2:00 pm.
Mark Knee reports: Fishing continues to improve for trout and smallmouth bass. We landed some nice trout on streamers as well as some dry flies last week. Most of the rivers are fishing well for trout now. The persistent stripping of large streamers has yielded some great fish.
John Gouker reports: Fishing on the Hodenpyle section of the Manistee fished well. The fish came to olive streamers whenever the cloud cover would roll in--when we had no clouds, we had no fish. We landed some mid-teen fish and turned numerous others to 20 inches.
John Gouker reports: Fishing on the Manistee has been good. Trout fishing continues to improve. When the weather warms back up, we should see our smallmouth fishery take off. Warm, stable weather should have some bugs popping for dry fly trout anglers.
Our Facebook page is moving! 'Like' our new page at Schmidt Outfitters Fly Fishing to see up-to-date fishing reports, pictures, fishing articles, and specials.
Water flow information, graphs, and charts from USGS
- Pine River: waterdata.usgs.gov/mi/nwis/uv
- Big Manistee River Water Flow Data (USGS) for detailed water flow information, graphs and charts. We also have an information page on the Manistee River
- Pere Marquette River: The Streamer fishing remains fair! Steelhead numbers are fare. Check PM river flows at this link waterdata.usgs.gov/mi/nwis/uv
Northern Michigan has finally thawed out, and we're looking forward to smallmouth bass fishing later this summer. Mark Knee explains the draw for fishing this aggressive fish on the fly in the Big Manistee Watershed.
Dreaming of trout? Our guide Brent Borcherdt is too. He maps out the spring steelhead and trout options for anglers wanting to try different techniques in northern Michigan.
- Bob Clouser Smallmouth Bass School on May 30-June 2, 2013. Call the fly shop today to reserve your spot! 231-848-4191
- Introduction to Fly Fishing Schools on June 7-9 and June 14-16
- Photography School with Chicago photographer Keith French