The latest reel offering from Sage brings a sophisticated, high-performance drag system. The one revolution drag knob offers quick and precise drag settings and provides the kind of power and smoothness you'd expect from a large traditional drag system, only without the bulk.
- Fully machined 6061-T6 aluminum, strong, and corrosion resistant
- Features Sage's SCS Floating Tripod Drag design
- One revolution drag knob
- Smooth and reliable sealed carbon disc drag system
- Drag range on each reel size is refined for the appropriate line weight/fishery
- One-way roller clutch bearing for immediate drag engagement and simple retrieve conversion
- Appropriately sized ergonomic handles per reel size
- Neoprene bag
Floating Tripod Drag
The Floating Tripod Drag is one of the more unique configurations of the Sealed Carbon System and stands by itself in the field. The Floating Tripod consists of a carbon disk riding on stainless steel rotors supported by a triangle of three smaller carbon disks. Like the three legs of a stool, the system is perfectly balanced and incredibly low weight, providing smooth resistance through its full range of settings. As with all our SCS configurations, the Floating Tripod is sealed and impervious to outside elements such as sand, grit, and salt, and requires no maintenance beyond rinsing.